How can teachers use this?
- In a world history class, combine economic data with geographic tags on the map for easier comparison between locations.
- Use the Layers to provide hideable data. Have one layer for German troop movement and another for Allied troop movement. Spreadsheet data could provide dates of military action and casualty statistics.
- Historical data regarding climate change could be collected in a spreadsheet which could be imported into the map. Layers could provide points for specific decades.
- Record biographical information for people important in Texas history. Import the data into a Google map that shows where these people lived in Texas.
- Similar to Google LitTrips, connect fictional events in a historical fiction story to their real geographic locations. Edit the tags to include student-made art that illustrates the events.