Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Google Chrome browser setting - On Startup > Continue where you left off

I knew this feature existed but never realized how useful it could be.

Note: You must sign into the Chrome browser to make the best use of this feature. (more info)

Chrome will remember your tabs when you last closed it and reload them when you next launch.
I frequently collaborate with my colleagues. That usually results in several tabs getting opened in my browser. Then my calendar reminder tells me I am due for another appointment in 15 minutes. I leave the meeting, close my device, and lose my tabs.

With Chrome's "Continue where you left off" setting, my tabs follow me in Chrome across platforms – from Chromebook to office desktop to Apple laptop to home desktop.
I do not have to perpetually and use the same device to keep my tabs. Pretty sweet.

Click on the settings button (at top right of the browser)
Again, this feature only works if you are signed into the Chrome browser.

A downside is Chrome takes a little bit longer to load if I have many tabs open in my browser. My workaround for this delay is simple.  I use the OneTab extension before closing so I have a list of the tabs I had open before I closed.


Give it a try. You can always change it back if you don't like the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment